For woodworkers, a track saw is one of the most popular tools. But many often wonder what is a track saw used for? Well, they are admired mostly for their ability to make precise long cuts. With this tool, even amateurs can show the efficiency of a professional.
From this article, you will get to know more about track saw, their ability, and their benefits. You will also see if they are the best choice for you or not. But first, you will need to know about their function and usage to understand the whole thing.
What is a Track Saw?
Simply put, a track saw is a table saw with mobility. It is safer than a circular saw and table saw. But it doesn’t lack inefficiency.
A track saw is a type of handheld saw. It’s easy to use and maintain. This saw provides a variety of usage, and its blade is concealed within its body. This makes it safe to use.
What makes it accurate is the guide rail. The Guide rail is a platform on which the saw slides. If the wood is placed entirely under the saw, then the cut will be precise.
These are the facts that make it different from any other saw. But how does it do all these?
Uses of Track Saw
Track saws are most effective for their portability. You can move it to where it suits you best. Along with the mobility comes accuracy and versatility.
A track saw is a kind of like a circular saw. But instead of an exposed blade, the blade of this saw is hidden within the machine. Apart from this difference, both functions are the same.
The function of this saw is to make a sharp and accurate cut on wooden sheets. But as it’s much easier to handle, it can make a precise cut in different shapes. It can decrease the length of a wood piece and create different angles.
But it does not cut only wooden pieces. This machinery can be applied for steel as well. But it is not recommended to do so as it can cause damage to the blade.
How does it work?
A track saw’s primary function is no different from a table saw or circular saw. But it comes with some benefits that others can’t provide. The reason for its efficiency is its design.
“They are becoming very popular with professionals, as they are lightweight, easy to use, and very accurate. At first, the lack of a clamp can be a bit risky, but you can buy a clamp to keep things in place if needed. Rubber grips work well – though you should not theoretically buy a clamp.”
This saw you can say that it’s a circular saw with its blade concealed within the body. You will only see a bit of blade sticking out from the bottom. You can control the depth of the cut by adjusting the blade.
There are both corded and cordless track saw out there. Both designs are the same apart from the presence and absence of a cord. The corded comes with a long cable, and it allows mobility to increase. earn money legit
To use this saw, you need to place the guide rail at the angle you want to cut your piece. When you start operating, the saw blade will cut through, moving along the guiding rail. Its sharp edge makes the cut very precise and reduces chipping along the cut line. It saves you the time of sanding the wood.
This is how a track saw work to deliver a professional result.
Benefits of a Track Saw
A track saw is a convenient tool for professional woodworkers and simple tasks you can do at home. This machinery provides a wide variety of usage. It’s very popular with the benefits it offers.
Many recommend it over any other cutting tool because it has all the positive sides of other such machinery and still gives the best result.
But why is it recommended, and why should you choose track saw as your cutting tool?
- This saw isn’t like any other cutting tool. It’s a very casual-looking tool that gives you the feeling you will not cut off your finger using it. The blade is not exposed. You will only cut what you put under the blade.
- The most unique and essential trait of this saw is you can adjust the depth of the cut. This allows you to adjust the blade according to your needs. It helps to give the required shape to the piece you are working on.
- The guide rail is a significant advantage for a cutting tool. If you want your wooden piece to be in perfect shape and angle, you will have to work slowly to ensure precision. But as it comes with a guide rail, you can quickly cut a straight piece of wood.
- If you don’t want to move hefty chunks of wood, it’s okay if you own this saw. Many people like it just because of its portability. With its compact size and weight of around 10-12 lbs, you can carry it wherever you want. They usually have a long cable, so you will be able to work to the extent you wish to. And if you own a rechargeable track saw, then you can take it to where ever you want.
- This saw allows you to cut a long straight line on a piece. Any size of the wood you can cut with this saw. You can attach guiding rails one after one and have any length of precise cut you need.
For these advantages, a track saw is different than any other type of saw. From here, it is apparent that no matter how much work you want to do, this saw will be your best option.
Watch this video on Youtube:
The major difference Between Track Saw & Circular Saw
When it comes to cutting and shaping woods, there are different types of tools for that. But not each of them can give you the best result.
The main differences between the Track Saw vs. Circular Saw are:
- Track Saw comes with a long track in front, whereas the circular saw doesn’t.
- The track saw is less portable and more limited, whereas the circular saw is compact and flexible.
- A track saw can make a crosscut, rip cut, and angle cut easily, whereas the circular saw can make only a crosscut and rip cut.
What matters most in these cases is the accuracy and mobility of the tool. Considering several other factors, you may want to decide what type of saw you need.
Track Saw vs. Circular Saw
There are different kinds of cutting saws, but the competition stands between track saw and circular saw.
They differ at certain points:
What you should first consider while choosing a cutting saw is its portability. When it comes to portability, size and weight are the main factors. As you can see, a circular saw is more compatible, while a track saw is lighter. In the case of this saw, you need to carry the guide rail with you. The Circular saw doesn’t have any such accessories.
But this guide rail makes a difference in inefficiency. The guide rail helps to create a precise, sharp cut. So with a little effort- you can get the best accuracy if you use this saw. The circular saw lacks this quality. You will have to be steady and patient to make a good cut.
If you want super-precise, precise cuts, a track saw may be your best bet. These are used by professionals, as they make clean cuts with no rough edges. However, if you want anyone a little cheaper, easier to use, and you’re not concerned about the possibility of reading something a little less accurate. Then a notice might be for you.
Another significant factor is you can control the depth of cut in a track saw. You don’t have this feature in a circular saw. It’s tough to maintain the depth of cut in a circular saw.
So from here, it is apparent that a track saw is much better in efficiency as you can use the saw the way you want, which is with only a little effort.
So, should you buy a circular saw or a track saw? It’s hard to choose this time – though they look very similar, they are quite different.
Here we talked about the uses of a track saw and the functionality to differ from a circular notice. However, a track saw is expensive. It isn’t easy to provide anyone, and it is extra rails without extra blades and accessories if you want to cut a particularly long piece.
We hope by now you have a pretty good idea. The track saw is the leading tool for woodworkers. It made woodworking much more accessible and efficient even for beginners.
Leave a Reply