Oil or lubricant is the heart of machinery, indeed. To keep a power tool, like Pole Saw, active or running, oil is a must. You should know how to maintain a pole saw for its longevity. As human beings and the animal can’t live without water, in the same way, machines or power tool can’t run without oil or fuel.
There are various types of oil available in the market, but you should not apply any of them for your pole saw for smooth functioning. In this case, you have to select the right or suitable one for your tool.
If you use vegetable oil for your bar and chain, it may not work correctly. Vegetable oil is not ideal for excessive hot or cold temperatures. But you have to utilize it if petrol is not allowed for the safety of environmental pollution.
Now, let’s have an idea about how to fill oil in a pole saw. In most of the cases, the oil tank carries the same level of fuel. If you need to refuel your pole saw again, you have to add some oil in the reservoir of the pole saw. To oil your pole saw, first, place the pole saw level on the surface.
The bar has to be side down to lay the pole saw flat. Then clean it properly with a damp cloth, and it will get ready for lubricating. Use a small funnel to perform the whole process.
In this article on how to maintain a pole saw, we will discuss Maintenance Tips and guides to the care of a pole saw.
To get better performance day after day, you should maintain a few usual steps before and after using your pole saw.
- Keep It Clean
- Sharpen the Blades
- Make Sure Your Chainsaw Is Lubricated
- Use New Gas
Essential Maintenance of a Pole Saw
- Before using the saw, ensure if it fills the chain oil reservoir with bar and chain lubricant.
- Confirm the screws, nuts, and bolts are in the right place.
- Before starting work, check if there is any problem. Check again after completing your task.
- Just before use, make sure the blade cutters are sharp more over the chain is attractive.
- Loosen the saw chain a bit when you’re finishing your cutting task. If you tighten the string during operation, it may get damaged.
- Whenever you sharpen or replace the saw chain, clean the rails in the guide bar, and then manually pour oil in the passages. Rotate this chain freely.
- After finishing your task, wipe your equipment with a cloudy cloth.
How to Oil a Pole Saw
It’s so essential for everyone to know how to maintain a pole saw. Proper maintenance provides your saw better duties and longevity. In many parts of Pole Tire, its chains and bars are the most important for better deeds. However, it has a lot of elements to maintain.
Chain and bar come into frequent contact when it is running. If you don’t lubricate, it may cause severe damage to this chain and bar. Because Performance entirely depends on how smooth the saw chain is raining
Choose the Perfect lubricant for your pole saw….
Different types of pole saw oil
The bar and chain lubricant are specially formulated to be sufficiently viscous because the friction of the chain with the bar creates high levels of heat, which is detrimental to your saw. The primary purpose of using lubricants is to reduce this friction.
However, it does not perform well in extremely hot or cold working conditions.
There is a lot of manufacture in the market that manufacture lubricants for a pole saw. You can learn more about them from the pole saw related buying guides. It is best practice for you to go for a brand that specifically manufactured lubricating oil for a polar finish.
There are two types of oil required for the pole saw. One is for the summer season and the other one for the winter season.
- Summer Oil or more viscous oil
- Winter Oil or Thinner Oil
Summer oil or More viscous oil
The bar and chain friction during the work of the pole produces a lot of heat, and lubricant increases the resistance with chain and bar. So it is essential to think about what kinds of oils you should use for your saw.
In the summer, oil gets thicker than in the winter season. In winter, more concentrated oil is necessary if the oil concentration is low. It will fly off Very soon. As a result, your saw will be slower and overheated. However, the more viscous oil will help it to stick close with the poles.
You will get this kind of suggestion in the saw manual or manufacturer website.
Winter Oil or Thinner Oil
In the winter season, you need to be more careful about your pole saw. Proper use of the lubricant on your pole saw chain and bar; you should consider the thinner oil for better Performance. In the winter season, the temperature goes down, cutting with this pole saw might be difficult. It would be best if you clean the chain and bar regularly. Sharpening your chain and greasing your sprockets orderly will make your pole saw efficient.
But the most remarkable thing in winter is lubricating the chain and bar using thinner oil. It will save your bar from corrosion in colder weather.
If the heat rises a bit, the lighter oil won’t work well. It might be wasted higher in summer because the thinner oil doesn’t adhere to the chain and the bar of the green works pole saw.
Guides to Oil Your Pole Saw Properly
In this article, we have learned about Maintenance tips and their importance. Moreover, we have also learned about different types of oils. Now let’s know how to add oil to your pole saw.
Most of the saw reserve oils to a similar level of fuel. So, when you have to refuel, you should include some oil in the supply of your post saw.
To oil your saw, first, set the post saw level on the surface. The bar should be side down to lay the post saw level. Then clean it with a fresh cloth, and it will be ready for lubrication. Use a funnel for the process.
Place your funnel into the open side of the reservoir-tank. Try not to stuff the supply, or you need to confront the actual wreckage. After filling it, secure the cap and wipe the territory using a fabric if there is excess oil around it.
You also have some extra troubles. That is to add some grease to the bar’s nose sprocket. You can easily do this by using Greek songs.
- People use motor oil at a somewhat lower price in bars and chains. Please don’t do that by being influenced by them. Manufacturers strongly advise not to use it.
- Follow the manual, as mentioned by most of them, to use the best oil for your pole saw. The oil, the manufacturer, recommends that the bar prevent the chain from moving.
- Before lubricating, be sure that the bar and chain are open.
- Refill tank as soon as markdown for warning.
How to Store Your Pole Saw
- Store your saw in a dry and well-ventilated place after use.
- Rust may fall as if it is unused for a long time. Its cause your saw to lose Performance so, before storage, use a lubricant on its chain, and drain it on its hardcover.
- Make sure your poll stats are stored in a safe place – consider locking it to prevent damage or unauthorized use.
To keep your pole saw functioning efficiently and to prolong its life, you should ensure to maintain it properly. The manufacturer provides maintenance manuals for most model owners. However, most saws are required similar maintenance. So, I discussed it here so that you can master it. By far, we have tried to give you a perfect idea about the usage, maintenance, and fueling of a pole saw.
Hopefully, how to maintain a pole saw article has been of great help to you, and after reading, you will be able to know exactly how to oil in a pole saw for better Performance. For both gas and electric poles, you should take oil or lubricant. I have tried to point out the steps outlined in this article. Hopefully, the guideline prolongs the life of your saw.
You may find it interesting to read our next article on the best cordless jigsaw.